Below are the New York Elite Baseball tournament payment policies, failure to abide by these policies may result in the forfeiture of a tournament spot.
• To secure a spot in a tournament, New York Elite Baseball requires a deposit by check or credit card.
• Final payment for all tournaments is due ONE MONTH prior to the start of the tournament.
• Approximately 15 days before the final payment due date an email reminder will be sent to coaches who still have an outstanding balance.
• If final payment is not received by the due date, coaches will be contacted and will be given one full business day to make necessary payment. If there is no contact made after one business day, New York Elite Baseball will contact the first person on the wait list for that specific tournament and the original team will forfeit their spot in the tournament.
• If a coach is registering for a tournament inside of one month prior to the start date of the tournament, full payment is required.
• A wait list will be kept for each tournament. Coaches on the wait list will be contacted in the order that their calls were received. When we contact the wait list, coaches will be given 24 hours to get back in touch with us before we move onto the next name or team.
• There will be absolutely NO refund if brackets have been posted.
• If brackets have not been posted and:
1. You call 15 business days before the tournament start date, a full refund will be given in the form of an EVENT CREDIT.
2. If you call 10 to 14 business days before, 50 percent of your fee will be returned in the form of an EVENT CREDIT.
3. If you call 9 or fewer business days before the start of the event, NO refund will be given.
RAIN / INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of rain we will do everything within our power to stay as close to the game schedule as possible. However, because of limited field availability we may have to deviate from the printed schedule.
• If and when we need to alter the schedule, we use the following procedures/priorities as our guide:
1. Our first priority always will be to make sure that each team plays its minimum number of games - We will try to maintain the original schedule as much as possible - In the event of weather/darkness, it may not be possible to accommodate schedule requests
2. The tournament may be changed to lesser time limits or fewer innings so as to complete the tournament.
3. All rain shortened games are official if 3 complete innings have been played.
4. Should the final day of the tournament not be completed 1st and 2nd place will be determined by the highest remaining seed.
WEATHER RELATED REFUND POLICY
There can be a $150 administrative fee charged on complete rainouts 3 game minimum format (Team entry fee) Play no games: Full credit voucher Play 1 game: 50% credit voucher Play 2 games: $100 credit voucher
May not exceed 20 players. Up to 3 adults are allowed in the dugout at any one time. Rosters are locked once a team’s first game of a tournament begins. Teams must submit the roster form for each tournament they participate in. Rosters need to be submitted 10 days prior to the start of the tournament. The online form is located on our tournament website.
*Each player can only be listed on one roster for each tournament. In other words, a player cannot be on two different teams during the same tournament, even if they are in two different age groups.
Each team is required to carry its own insurance and submit a certificate of insurance to New York Elite Baseball prior to the beginning of the tournament. No team will be allowed to play until we have that information and it is verified. *We must have “New York Elite Baseball” listed as an ‘additional insured’ in the certificate holder section of the standard certificate of liability form. This can be obtained by simply calling your insurance company and asking them to list that on the certificate.
A team award and individual awards will be presented to the championship and runner-up teams.
ALCOHOL OR TOBACCO PRODUCTS
Absolutely no alcohol or tobacco products will be permitted. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in ejection from the complex.
All games played will have two umpires. Certified umpires will be chosen from a professional association.
BASEBALLS / EQUIPMENT
One dozen game balls will be provided by New York Elite Baseball to all teams. These are to be used for tournament games. Should a team run out of these baseballs they will be required to provide their own baseballs to complete the tournament.
JERSEY # ON UNIFORMS
Each player on a team should have a unique number displayed on their jersey.
Pets are not permitted at the facilities we utilize.
HOME / VISITING TEAM
Home teams will be determined by a coin flip. If the dugouts are not labeled, the home team will occupy the first base side. During the playoff rounds, home team will be the higher seeded team. If a team plays back-to-back on the same field, that team will stay in the same dugout for both games.
Managers and/or coaches are not permitted to have cell phones or Bluetooth earpieces on the field.
DRESS CODE FOR COACHES
Managers and coaches are not required to be in uniform during the games. However, we do expect the adults on the field to be dressed appropriately.